Youth today are confronted with many interesting challenges! The Youth Ministry at Oak Valley is designed to help our high school teens learn how to navigate through life from a Christian perspective. There is a strong emphasis on building Christian character and leadership, serving others through various outreach ministries, bible studies, workshops, and worship.
Activities include bible studies, community outreach or service projects like visiting nursing homes or feeding the hungry and hosting fun events. As part of the youth ministry, we also encourage participation in other ministries like our music and dance ministries or others like hospitality, ushers, and nursery ministries. We are also strengthening our middle school age children by helping them identify specific needs and Christian ways to address them. Participants in these ministries may be partnered with other ministries (i.e. young adult, married couples, or senior ministries) to support our intergenerational approach to youth growth and development.
JAM (Jesus and Me)
JAM (Jesus and Me) is our nursery ministry that serves ages birth-pre-k. The purpose JAM is to provide a welcoming, nurturing atmosphere for the children of our members and visitors, which honors the Lord and supports the parents in the care and education of their children, in a consistently safe, clean and wholesome facility through a caring, qualified, and motivated nursery staff.
IMPACT Children’s Ministry:
- IMPACT Children’s Church-we’re dedicated to partnering with parents to lead children to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Through age-specific lessons and activities children ages K-6th grade learns biblical truths and real-life lessons they can apply to their everyday lives.
- IMPACT Children-we are committed to providing our children with the best possible opportunities for personal and spiritual growth through religious education, enrichment activities, camps, and fellowship.
Pathfinders is our ministry for middle school students. The purpose of this ministry is to encourage all to seek, live, and share an active faith in Jesus Christ. Parents, staff, and volunteers partner together to help all youth in grades 5th-8th to grow in faith Our goal is for students to have the opportunity to discover who God created them to be. We will learn and practice spiritual disciplines, worship, have small group time, plan fun events, and engage in service to God’s people.
S.W.A.G. (Saved with Amazing Grace)-
S.W.A.G. (Saved with Amazing Grace) – is our high school ministry. We are committed to providing our teens with the best possible opportunities for personal and spiritual growth through religious education, retreats,fellowship, service, outreach, and leadership activities.
College/Young Adult Ministry
College/Young Adult Ministry is our ministry for 18-30-year old college students and young adults. Ministering to college age students and young adults is a priority at the Oak Valley Baptist Church. We encourage them to stay connected through small groups and fellowship opportunities. The expectation is for us to be a loving church family who will challenge them to grow in their faith and grow closer to God.
S.A.L.T (Saved Anointed Leaders of Truth)
S.A.L.T (Saved Anointed Leaders of Truth) is our liturgical dance ministry. The purpose is to praise and worship the Lord through the God-given gift of dance. We wish to touch the lives of people in such a way to bring about “real” change, encouragement and/or conversion in their lives.
- Youth Revival- seek to make worship and church involvement relevant. It is a renewed, radical commitment to Jesus Christ empowered by the Holy Spirit. It is True revival will result in dynamic evangelism, conversions, worship, purity, joy, fellowship, obedience, peace, fulfillment, and devotion in the life of the believer.
- Vacation Bible School, or VBS- is a fun-filled ministry offered usually during the summer (“vacation”) months, to connect with the children and families in the community. It is an outreach meant to bring in children who don’t normally attend church and to teach them the gospel.
- Beauty of Giving-is our annual haircut and style event for students returning to school. Oak Valley has partnered with local barbers and stylists to provide services free of charge. This ministry is opened to the community.
- Christmas Store–is a holiday tradition. This event serves under-resourced families by providing a shopping experience for Christmas. We partner with local agencies to identify families otherwise unable to afford Christmas presents for their children and invite them to “shop” for gifts at a minimal cost. While the Christmas Store is a fun and festive event, our true mission is to provide families with a community of support that will outlast the holiday season.